Heritage Day Photo Gallery
An open house is held at Eppington in the fall every year that is free to the public. Bring a friend, the kids, a picnic and a sense of fun and romance with you.
Activities to enjoy include:
- Musicians playing and singing period songs as well as music by the Chesterfield Band.
- Costumed interpreters telling stories and sharing tales of long ago when Thomas Jefferson and his family were visitors.
- A horse drawn carriage giving you a ride into the past.
- Period crafts and games.
- Sally Hemmings telling her story about leaving Eppington and sailing to France with “Polly Jefferson.
- Touring the house to reveal its mysteries.